Something to mix yourself while you enjoy another episode of…
AD Bar, the medieval-themed hidden cocktail bar in Bangsar, is well-known for its creative concoctions that play up to the feudal concept of the nightspot. Here, the founders of the fine establishment share with us the recipe of one of the most beautiful cocktails we have ever seen – Fairy’s Tears.
A mixology masterpiece, the cocktail adds a little bit of fun to drinking by incorporating one of the integral ingredients of the drink – concentrated Butterfly Pea Flower – as a final touch, allowing the drink to change hues from white to purple. The cocktail also come with a wide range of health benefits thanks to the use of the Butterfly Pea Flower, including antioxidants for the skin, healthier hair and enhanced immune system.
Sparkling Wine/ Soda
Elder Flower Syrup
Butterfly Pea Flowers
- Soak 4 to 5 Butterfly Pea Flowers in warm water until the water turns to a dark blue colour. (Pre-prep)
- Put ice, Elder Flower Syrup (15 ml), Lychee Liquor (15 ml), Lime Juice (15 ml) and Vodka (50 ml) in to a shaker.
- Shake well and pour the concoction out into the preferred glassware with double strain.
- Top it up with Sparkling Wine or Soda (for lesser alcohol content).
- Pour in 15 ml of Butterfly Pear Flower water and watch the drink turn from white to purple due to the pH of the drink.
- Add one Butterfly Pea Flower on drink as garnish.
Latest posts by Vimal Palasekaran (see all)
- No Bowling Shoes Needed: The Bowling Club @ The Intermark Mall - 21 December 2018
- Afro-Caribbean Flavours in the Heart of KL - 21 December 2018
- Datuk Sulaiman’s Treasures - 14 December 2018