Chivas Regal Malaysia presents Chivas Collab: ETM, an experiential extravaganza featuring electronic music and theatre brought alive by a diverse range of artists.
Get ready for a musical experience unlike any staged in Malaysia before when Chivas Collab: ETM debuts this weekend. Presented by Chivas Regal, the world’s first luxury whisky, the spectacular was inspired by The Art of Blending of the Scottish maison.Reflecting the immaculate blend of the Chivas whisky, the Electronic Theatrical Music (ETM) features a formidable lineup of immensely-talented artists from various industries who will come together to create stage magic. The unprecedented roster includes veterans such as Joey G and rockstar Joy Victor as well as crowd favourites Dennis Yin and violinist Robert Mendoza just to name a few.
Chivas regal will be hosting Malaysia’s first ever Electronic Theatrical Music (ETM). Here’s a little behind the scene teaser of what to expect ?. @chivasregal @envynightlife @ozoopenang #ETM #ETMmalaysia #electronictheatricalmusic #Chivas #envynightlife #ozooclubpenang #envy #oozoo #chivascollab #whiskey #whisky #behindthescene #envyclub
Dennis Yin – A Man of Many Caps
In order to further understand Chivas Collab: ETM and its novel effort, we spoke to Dennis Yin who is set to dance on stage once again after a very long time.
- You came to prominence as a dancing sensation in reality shows like So You Think You Can Dance and Showdown. Is reality TV something that you would like to get back into?
Reality show used to be one of the biggest thing back when I was still in high school. Everything from Fear Factor to Amazing Race, American Idol, and of course my favorite, SYTYCD. If given the chance, I wouldn’t mind to be a part of it again as a participant.
- Speaking of dancing, are you still an active member of your group Elecoldxhot (ECX)?
I get this question asked a lot. I am still ECX, always and forever. They are my bros, but I’m not as active as I was. I’ve stopped dancing professionally over the years, but now I’m back, and Chivas Collab: ETM is my first dance project in years.
- Dancing is a great avenue for the younger generation to channel their emotions so as to not follow the wrong path. And you are a testament to the success one can attain through this talent. Do you have kids coming up to you confessing that you are their idol?
Yes, I do have people coming up to me and telling me that I inspire them, and that’s really the best reward for me as a dancer/artist. Inspire, and be inspired. Also, it’s not just dancing. I believe as long as anyone has a passion for something, a goal to achieve, or even just a hobby, it’ll give you motivation and fuel for you to push through any hurdles that comes in front of you.
- Do you have any intention of mentoring or forming a new upcoming dance group?
Yes, this is one of my dreams. To be able to form, train, and create my own team. Given that I’m now a gym and studio owner, I want to be able to provide Malaysian dancers a platform for them to grow as an artist/dancer, and not just sculpt their talent, but to make them great all-rounded performers.
- Since coming to prominence as a dancer, you have become a Youtube star, radio announcer and also TV host. If you were required to pick only one role, which one would you pick and why?
From day one, my first love has been dancing. Until today, I’ve always been representing dance in my opinion. So if I were to pick one role for the rest of my life, it would be dancing. I really love the art 🙂
- Tell us more about your participation in Chivas Collab: ETM. How did that come about and what was your reaction when you were engaged to participate?
Oh, I received a call, they told me all about it, and what got me really hyped about Chivas Collab: ETM wasn’t just the fact that I get to dance, but the people I’ll be working with. From way back when I was 16, I’m not even kidding, Joey G has been my IDOL. I see him at events, and at shows he hosts, and I’ve been really impressed by him. I wanted to grow up and be like him. To me, he’s an all-rounded nice person with amazing charisma… and, now, after so many years, I’m working with him. What are the odds, right? Dreams do come true.
- How is it like working with some of the biggest names in the industry like Robert Mendoza and Joy Victor?
Like I’ve mentioned above, they are the reason why I’m doing this. The people that are involved in Chivas Collab: ETM are really the best at what they do. The experience to do this with them is priceless.
- What can fans expect from you at the Chivas Collab: ETM?
I hope people don’t expect anything from me, but I want people to be ready for a show they’ve never seen before. A show that is put together by so many amazing talents, from music producers, DJs, violinists, vocalists, dancers, and even the crew! This show will be a game changer for the club scene in Malaysia (I hope).
Chivas Collab: ETM is scheduled to tour all over Kuala Lumpur, Penang and Johor Bahru from 20 October until 20 December 2017 with an array of unannounced collaborative acts. Revellers may expect 90 minutes of beat-dropping, intense electronic music and the wonderment of acrobatics, live performances and theatrics, all inspired by The Art of Blending when attending the musical gala.
ETM Signature kicks off first at Envy Nightlife in Kuala Lumpur on 20th October 2017, before travelling up north to take over OZOO Club Penang on 28th October 2017, and finally in Johor Bahru in December. In between, spanning over two months, multiple club parties will also be taking place across the nation.
For more information on the lineup as well as dates and locations of the Chivas Collab: ETM parties, please visit the official Facebook page of Chivas Regal Malaysia at www.facebook.com/chivas.my.
Latest posts by Vimal Palasekaran (see all)
- No Bowling Shoes Needed: The Bowling Club @ The Intermark Mall - 21 December 2018
- Afro-Caribbean Flavours in the Heart of KL - 21 December 2018
- Datuk Sulaiman’s Treasures - 14 December 2018