The kind folks at The Butcher’s Table (you can read about them here) have provided us with a recipe for their bacon fried rice – because everything is made better with bacon, even fried rice.
Simple to make and easily filling, this dish is a complete meal in and of itself, and can be made whether you’re looking for a fast lunch, an easy dinner, or if you feel like it, an indulgent supper.
Ingredients (serves 1):
- Olive oil (3tbsp)
- 2 eggs
- Bacon (50g)
- Rice (200g)
- Sesame oil (1tsp)
- Spring onion (20g)
- Heat up olive oil in a frying pan.
- Crack one egg into the pan and stir till it’s fluffy.
- Put in bacon, and fry until the oil from the bacon drains out.
- Put in rice.
- Fry for approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Season with a pinch of salt, pepper, and sugar, sesame oil and spring onion.
- Plate your fried rice.
- Top it with a sunny-side-up (remember that second egg?)
If, however, you prefer to not DIY, head on to The Butcher’s Table and get yourself a plate of this dish, alongside its many, many meaty offerings.
The Butcher’s Table (facebook.com/MYButchersTable/)
26 Jalan SS2/103,
Tel: 03-7728 2843
Open Tuesdays – Sundays, 11.30am – 3pm, 6pm – 11pm.