Get your camera at ready – these spots are perfect for your #ootd Instagram shots.
Strolling around the old town of Ipoh would seem to have no end as there is so much to do. From getting a sip of authentic white coffee to roaming in awe at the Concubine Lanes, this sleepy town has made its comeback. Apart from these attractions and the local delights, the artworks on the walls of Ipoh are also another wow factor which contributes to its emerging popularity.
Bringing back soul to the old town, City Council of Ipoh and OldTown White Coffee have collaborated to make a series of murals called “Art of OldTown”. In 2014, the Lithuanian artist Ernest Zacharevic once again put his touch into beautifying old buildings, breathing new life to every corner of Ipoh.
How does a mural hunt sound?
Here are the 8 designated artworks for the “Art of OldTown” but there are more around the old town.
1. Old Town Relives Nostalgia with Trishaw (Concubine Lane 3)
2. Tin Mining Town With Chinese-Style Painting (Jalan Bijeh Timah)
3. Yellow Hummingbird (Jalan Panglima)
4. A ‘Kopi’ Break (Jalan Tun Sambathan)
5. Girl On A Wall (Jalan Bandar Timah)
6. A Bag of Coffee (Jalan Bandar Timah)
7. Paper Plane (Jalan Sheikh Adam)
8. Old Uncle Drinking Coffee (Jalan Dato Maharajalela)
Voilà! There you have it – the 8 murals art by Ernest Zacharevic. If you have more time to explore, there are actually new and more vibrant ones scattered all over the town.
Latest posts by Basir Zainuddin (see all)
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus: Finally on Par - 10 April 2019
- OSAKA: Ultimate Must-Visit Guide for First-Timer - 28 December 2018
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay in WEIL Hotel @ Ipoh - 28 December 2018